Wireless Outdoor Lighting Controls Software
LightingGale is a web based or standalone outdoor wireless control system/ software package. It is used to configure, monitor, and collect data from outdoor lighting fixtures. The outdoor wireless control system constantly monitors the luminaire's sensors, schedules on and off periods, and saves energy while reducing operating costs for a significant ROI. Data for lighting management is collected from wireless sensors that replaces photocells on outdoor lighting fixtures. A gateway is used to concentrate the wireless sensor data and sends it to the LightingGale software. The wireless lighting fixture sensors manage data such as: Voltage, Current, Frequency, Power, Power Factor, Energy, and various status states of the outdoor lighting fixture (on, off, dim level). Other items gathered are possible fault conditions, such as: LED oscillating, LED Driver Fault, LED fail, photocell fail, etc. The outdoor wireless control system allows the administrator to set the LED Fixture’s state manually or automatically and to create scheduling schemes.
Outdoor Wireless Controls Design and Commissioning Services
MetroLED Lighting can perform design and commissioning services to guarantee a successful implementation of a wireless lighting control system. We create preliminary design documents laying out expectations, and conduct an analysis of the ROI/ paybacks from implementing lighting controls. We provide design reviews, documentation for the installation, startup commissioning services, and acceptance testing. Also, MetroLED provides system and user training. Please write or call MetroLED Lighting for engineering support in planning your wireless lighting control system.
Wireless Lighting Controls System Overview
The wireless lighting control system has three main components:
- A management system (LightingGale) either as a cloud based or standalone,
- Gateways to concentrate the data from the geographically dispersed sensors, and
- Wireless lighting fixture based sensors.
The LightingGale system supports compliance with the ASHRAE/IES 90.1-2010 energy standard, and California’s Title 24-2013 energy code.
Outdoor Lighting Controls Management System
The LightingGale wireless lighting control system is a browser-based application. It allows users to see the status of lighting fixtures, generate reports, and schedule the on-off, or dimming state of a fixture. It also provides:
- The energy usage of the lighting system,
- Viewing trends on from the data collected (e.g. graphical representation of various data items or settings),
- Interacting with dashboards and alarms (Normal, Low or Critical conditions) of the lighting system or
- Managing the fixtures in any remote site from any location.
Wireless Lighting Controls Gateway
A group of wireless sensors communicates their data to the Gateway via a Zigbee mesh network. The distributed gateways sends data via GPRS (cellular phone radio), or an Ethernet connection. In the GPRS case, a wireless telecom carrier SIM card is used by the modem to communicate with the cellular provider. From there, data is sent over the Internet to the centralized lighting control management system. The detail data received through the network are updated in the management system’s centralized database.
Sensors for Outdoor Wireless Control
The LightingGale software can be configured to work with several wireless lighting controls/ sensors. The sensor provides a replacement of the photocell functions, and adds comprehensive data about occupancy, fixture health and status. Through the lighting management system, dynamic schedules can be set from anywhere an authorized users has access to the system.
The wireless lighting control sensor is an integrated device located on the luminaries to which data is transmitted and received. An RF module in the sensor communicates with the Gateway concentrating up to 1000 individual sensors. Several models of wireless lighting fixture sensor are available:
- iSLC 3000-GPS – Wireless Lighting Control with Power Metering and GPS: The iSLC-3000 is a programmable wireless controller that uses a robust and reliable self-forming and self-healing RF mesh network. It is an economical sensor for use on light fixtures for remote control and operations. Each iSLC-3000 provides intelligent on/off switching, power metering and health monitoring of the light fixture.
- iSLC3100-7P – Wireless Lighting Occupancy Sensor with Dimming Capabilities: The iSLC-3100-7P is an intelligent wireless controller that uses a robust and reliable self-forming and self-healing RF mesh network. This sensor is economical, and provides remote control and operations of the lighting fixture. Each iSLC-3100-7P provides intelligent on/off switching, dimming control, power metering and health monitoring of the light fixture. Support is provided for inputs from motion or light sensors for control of groups or individual light fixtures.
- iSLC-3100-GPS – Plug and Play with Dimming Capabilities and GPS: The iSLC-3100 is an intelligent wireless controller that uses a self-forming and self-healing RF mesh network that is reliable and robust. It is an economical choice for use on individual light fixtures for remote control and operations. Each iSLC-3100 provides intelligent on/off switching, dimming control, power metering and health monitoring of the light fixture. Support is also included for inputs from motion or light sensors for control of groups or individual light fixtures.
LightingGale Outdoor Wireless Controls Key Features
- RF-Wireless and GPRS/GSM technology enables programming, monitoring and control of geographically distributed streetlights or other outdoor lighting fixtures.
- Uses existing photo cell sockets thus highly adaptable to outdoor lighting fixtures. Works with a 0-10V dimming LED driver and a NEMA photocell in a seven wire socket configuration.
- Communication and energy monitoring provides regular updates to the control station.
- Remote control of outdoor lighting fixtures enables selected individual or groups of light poles or fixtures to be switched ON/OFF as needed from a web-based browser. Outdoor lighting fixtures can be remotely controlled based on a user configurable ON and OFF schedule or can be programmed on a daily/monthly/yearly basis. Further, it can be controlled locally using a built-in astro-clock that calculates sunset and sunrise using location and time zone data throughout the year.
- Extensive fault monitoring is provided based on intelligent correlation of data to report LED fixture burn outs, fixture blinking/ cycling, LED fixture failure, communication failure and more. All faults are sent to the Master Control Station that generates alarms for visualization and fault response.
- Detailed real time reports of energy consumption by streetlight sent via email.
- Easily scalable to any new or remote area.
- Several controller mounting options enable easy installation or retrofitting.
- Support of industry standard protocols enables easy integration with other systems and networks.
- Web-based Monitoring and Control enables comprehensive display of live and historical data, and remote configuration.
- Integration with Google Maps and Google Earth. Provides an intuitive and familiar interface for quick user training.
- Hosted or onsite monitoring software available. Cloud-based hosted service for users that do not wish to invest in monitoring software and equipment.